Friday 8-1 BL
1) Got up and tidied up for couch preparations before shower time and heading out to Life Alive for lunch.
2) Drive down to PTown was brutal, 3.5 hours down with all the traffic and we tried to find a place to stay. Dolphin motel was a no go, and lol.
3) “Beach time” turned into quick lunch break before we did the rock bridge crossing in PTown. It was very cool and was about a mile each way. Fun! We took pics and selfies, families out on the rock bridge, and scuba swimmer man. Saw a derpy crab scuttling into the ocean.
4) Parked in town, bought first book and walked around a bit. Needed bathroom, so we popped into the art place where Jinkx Monsoon was performing (which we didn’t expect to see her) and got fried mac and cheese balls.
5) Long ass ridic. line was annoying and I complained the whole time, but we got bomb.com seats on the balcony right above David Sedaris. Really amazing show! K loved him and he read a few pieces, C-Section and his siblings, Google for different people, diary entries. Gyno joke, fear of the c word, “broken like Obamacare,” intolerance capital, Hugh and # of sex partners joke, “cancer whore,” talking penis, etc. He’s so hilariously smart and witty and has a distinct style to his writing. And the fact that he reads them and knows timing and how to pause is fantastic.
6) We stayed and got books signed. I was so fangirl nervous but K stayed up with me and we waited over two hours to get them signed. He asked about Peachie’s poo, lols. I got all kinds of nervous, but K enjoyed it. I wish I could have kept it together enough to have a real conversation with him instead of babbling. We had a long drive home, but I got my Max Bemis moment and it was great. He’s adorable, funny and smart. I wanna be like him someday.